MBPOA: WHAT WE DO
The association is a dues paying organization that uses its’ resources to provide necessary property maintenance and protection as well as secure insurance and if needed legal representation.
- Afford a safe and enjoyable beach experience for all.
- Preserve and protect the environment that we all love. Promote the preservation and availability of natural resources for the benefit of members.
- Encourage the social and civic interaction of our members through when possible a summer beach party, a members’ cocktail party along with communications to members of activities and civic concerns.
WE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Regular preventive maintenance of pathways and steps leading to the beach and on-going repairs when needed.
- Maintain parking lot locks, provide keys to members, and replace chains as needed.
- Provide, update and maintain MBPOA signage.
- Organize beach and property cleanups. Board Directors participate and volunteers from the member base are requested to volunteer.
- Organize a beach party for MBPOA Members when possible (Covid times a notable exception). We provide manpower, food and beverages. Board Directors do the work of planning, setting up & breaking down, cleaning up, purchasing supplies, serving and providing smiles. We very much request and encourage members to volunteer in helping with this wonderful social event.
Organize a cocktail party in the fall for MBPOA Members and their guests.
- Retain when needed representation to protect the property rights of the MBPOA owned property
Interface with local Government and other Civic Organizations
- Engage with our local government to understand laws and possible developments impacting the property rights of our Association.